Wednesday, September 21, 2011

no painting lots of riding

After not holding a paint brush in my hand for many months I finally got back to work today on a new commission.  My subject is "Fina" a Lusitano yearling filly and I've got to get it done before the end of the month so you'll be seeing the result very soon. Here's a photo of her..



Despite not painting I've not been idle!  We've had a very busy summer digging ourselves a garage out of the garden, no easy feat when the garden is 3 metre's higher than the road.  No builders just Arron as the foreman and myself operating the cement mixer, we've only got the roof to put on before the rains start so a couple more weeks to go.  Here's a picture just after the digger had finished and before we started work.



Niamh & James have had a great summer and we've been spending most our afternoons at the local swimming pools, an absolute necessity during our hot months.  We didn't get chance to set up our giant paddling pool because the garden was a building site so having a great outdoor pool 5 mins away is fantastic.  Of course with school starting it's time to get the routine back, Niamh & James are happy to be with all their friends again and Arron & I are grateful for the extra time during the day.

In May I took the plunge and bought myself a 5yr old Lusitano Mare who's oficial name is Bonança, although her stable name in Indy.  Since the kids went back to school last week Indy & I have been doing a lot of work in the school, she's showing a lot of potential and is very quick to learn I just have to keep up with her!

No comments: