Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back in the Real World

It's been ages since my last post so I've finally found some time to upload some current projects.  We've had a hectic couple of months working on our house and garden before the onslaught of the summer heat, and managed to get a two week holiday back with family in England once the kids finished school.

Of course the real reason for the England visit was Glastonbury Festival which was as usual brilliant, I've returned to Portugal with a sun tan thanks to the fantastic weather over the festival weekend.  My camera has been busy taking lots of photo's from which I'm hoping to find a potential painting.

What with all the washing, gardening and collecting the cats today is the first normal day. However they'll be no painting today as the onions need to come out & the chillies & peppers need planting, I'm hoping to be finished in time to take the kids for a swim at the local lido later!

 
Bay Lusitano, Oil on Canvas, 24cm x 30cm
I took a photo of this gorgeous horse at the horse fair in our town  in June and this is one of a few studies I'm working on from local horses.


Silver Coast, Oil on Canvas, 40cm x 40cm
This is my first attempt at the ocean and as you can see it's going to take a long time before I'm anywhere near close! This one's been shelved at the moment and I'm saving it for spare time painting, it may be a good few months before I get to show you the finished canvas.

No comments: